Friday, November 16, 2012

Curriculum Vitae Preparation and a Mock Interview

       Hey there! It's been so long since I posted here so here I am once again for another entry.

       A few weeks ago, I was so tired of making homeworks and school projects but then out of nowhere, I remembered that I must prepare for my internship. I decided to open my email to check if I have important messages regarding my internship then I saw an email with the subject, "Resume Orientation". I got excited so I opened it quickly. The email is about the schedule for the resume orientation and a mock interview including two attachments which are the resume template and a sample resume.

       On the following day, I informed some of my fellow incoming interns about this. I was excited for the orientation because I really want to graduate soon but I am also nervous because of the said mock interview. Days went by so fast. It is already the day for the orientation. I made sure that I won't be late because I don't wanna miss anything from the instructors. I also wanted to learn the proper way of making a student fact sheet so that I won't have a hard time making one on the time that i will be needing it. Aside from the resume orientation, I am also looking forward to hearing the possible questions that a student might be asked during a job interview.

       On that day, I learned a lot of things to do; the Do's and Don't's, proper spacing and format, and more basic information. When the topic was about the subjects that we already finished, I can't help but reminisce through the past years that I've been in school. I remember the times when I thought that I won't survive in this class, when I thought that I won't be able to create this program, when I was about to shift into another course but of course, I also recalled happy memories like when I developed a system on my own, I learned how to make a network cable, when I realized that I can survive in any class and many more. There was also a topic in the orientation where we were asked to recall some of our major projects in school. I instantly remembered the projects that we all worked hard for and I felt really proud. After giving us the guidelines in making a resume, we were also instructed about how to prepare for an interview. They told us proper manners and behaviors as well as dressing up appropriately. After the talk, we were asked to get a partner and do a role play about interviews or be prepared for they will be choosing random students for the mock interview. It instantly got me nervous I don't really feel like acting in front of me fellow students and I am also too shy to talk to an expert English speaker.

       After a few minutes of preparation, the time has come for the role play. The instructors chose randomly and I am so glad that me and my partner were not the "Lucky Ones". We watched how others did their best in acting like they're in the real world. I jotted down some notes regarding the mistakes that were made so that I won't be repeating it. After two sets of role play, our instructors randomly chose two students for the mock interview and to my horror, I was one of the them. I tried my best to act confidently. I tried to answer every questions impressively while keeping an eye contact with the interviewer. It didn't last long and I was so glad about the comments that I received from our instructors. It made me inspired and look forward for the next meeting.

       After that orientation, I became more excited to finish the term and be prepared for internship. I will do my best to get in a very good company and to be a good intern. I believe that this orientation helped me a lot not only because of the information they gave us but also because it boosted up my confidence. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment